Voluntary Approval Scheme
Benefits to Parents
- Greater level of reassurance that the person you are employing has met the minimum requirements, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
- It provides confirmation that the person holds a recently acquired First Aid certificate and a suitable childcare qualification
- You may also be eligible for Universal Credits or other financial help such as employer supported childcare
For more information about eligibility for Universal Credits please visit www.gov.uk
Benefits to Nannies
- You will be part of a scheme that is recognised across Wales
- You can demonstrate to employers that you meet the basic requirements for childcare including an enhanced DBS check, suitable childcare qualification and current first aid certificate.
What the scheme does not do?
- The scheme does not verify that a child carer is eligible to work in the UK. This remains the responsibility of the employer.
- It does not guarantee that parents will be eligible for financial support and this should be checked with HM Revenue and Customs.
For further information please visit the CSSIW website, where you can download all the relevant documents relating to the scheme.
Voluntary Approval Scheme Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: October 2017