Merthyr Tydfil Parenting Team offer support to parents/carers of children aged between 0 and 18.
Being a parent/carer can bring joy and happiness but can also be a challenge at times. The aim of the service is to work in partnership with families living in Merthyr to:-
- Build Confidence and skills
- Strengthen relationships
- Nurture wellbeing and resilience
Through parenting positively and building meaningful relationships, parents can help raise healthy, happy children and develop a more calm and peaceful household. .
We offer programmes with other parents or one to one support and look at areas such as:-
- Promoting positive parenting
- Communication and listening skills and how they can help to promote positive behaviours
- Bed time routine/ establishing routines and boundaries
- Dealing with unwanted behaviours